I cannot cook at all but I can bake and I can make most breakfast foods! So Pancake Tuesday is perfect for me! I am going to show you how to make maple, bacon pancakes. They are absolutely delicious!
What you will need:
- Plain flour – One cup
- Milk – One to two cups
- Egg – One
- Streaky Bacon – As much as humanly possible (think Ron Swanson)
- Maple Syrup – Get the good stuff, don’t be stingy.
How to make them:
- Mix the flour, egg and milk together, one cup will make a thick batter, think american pancakes but if you want more crepe style pancakes add more milk. I added an extra cup of milk to get them thinner.
- Cook your streaky bacon. I love mine really crispy but cook it whatever way you like them. When the bacon is done dry them with some kitchen paper to remove excess grease.
- Oil your pan, make sure you get the sides, I like to use a piece of kitchen paper to move the oil around. Be careful, hot oil is no fun.
- Put a good amount of mixture in the centre of the pan and move the pan to move the mixture to the edges.
- When the pancake bubbles or goes a darker shade flip the pancake.
- Assemble and enjoy!
Keep in mind:
- The batter will get thicker over time so if you make it the night before you might want to add more milk to thin it out.*
- Also very important you use streaky bacon, it’s more authentic!
I hope this is easy to follow I have never made a cooking post so I hope it’s ok. It’s a pretty easy recipe when you get the hang of it. What do you like on your pancakes?