I am sitting here with my favourite scented candle and have a freshly brewed green tea and I am thinking about what I want out of 2015. I know it is such a cliche to make resolutions but I also think it’s great to have goals so you can stay focused.
I have compiled a list of things that I want from 2015.
Food and Drink.
1. No more fizzy drinks. They are not necessary and my health will thank me for it. I was addicted to coke during college and it ruined my teeth and made me feel awful so no more. I also had a massive binge on fizzy drinks over christmas to last me a lifetime.
2. I want to drink at least 1.5 litres of water a day. This one is simple, it’s good for you just do it.
3. No more crisps, again, they do nothing for me and I can eat way to many of them. I have done this one before so it’s not going to be that big of a deal!
Outdoors and Activities.
4. I want to do at least two days of exercise per week. This is a starting point, I think two days is manageable for someone who sits at a desk most of the day.5. I want to explore more. Push myself to see and do more, especially in my own country.
7. I want to start rock climbing. The crazy adrenaline rush you get from completing something like this is amazing and I want that again.
8. I want to read at least 20 books next year. I know that doesn’t sound like a lot but for me it would be. I want to allot time to reading and find a genre I really connect with.
9. Meet new people, either through work or new activities. I have never really had a bunch of people who could travel together or meet up and do stuff and I would love to find a few people like that.
10. Do some independent study. I want to allot some time to study zoology. I know this sounds strange but I still want to do it. I wanted to study it in college but I didn’t get the marks. I just want to know if it’s possible for me to get a basic understanding.
Most important of all!
11. Go to at least 4 new places. I love to travel, drive, hike, explore and what I am really excited to do is some solo travel. I have always travelled with people who made the itinerary but this year I want to make my own.
So thats it. They are not difficult, they may take me out of my comfort zone or challenge me but it’s time to do more!
Good luck to you in your wants and hopes for 2015. You can achieve anything you want!