I love this area of Cape Town so much. It has such a nice vibe. There are so many things to do, see and eat. It is just perfect on a hot summers day, eating outside and listening to a group sing and play their music.
What to Do:
- Walking around the harbour is a definite, there are so many restaurants and shops around you will never get bored.
- Go to the V&A shopping mall. There are so many shops, expensive to cheap, there really is a shop for every budget.
- Go to Market on the Wharf. This is the place if you love food, all types of well made, tasty and fresh food. Also great coffee in the Origin stand. So many amazing things are in this market. 100% recommend going for lunch there.
- Go to the Watershed shopping area. Next to Two Oceans Aquarium. It’s got lots of different brands, clothes, trinkets, handmade, interesting objects. It is a really great place to go shopping!
- Two Oceans Aquarium. There is lots of different species, great exhibits and really lovely staff that are incredibly knowledgeable.
- There is also a Springbok museum, just incase you feel sporty.
The Waterfront is the stepping stone to go to Robbin Island, the prison that held Nelson Mandela. If you intend to do this trip allow a full day. On a good day this tour takes three to three and a half hours. If it is inclement than expect the trip to take five to five and a half. Tours sell out very quickly also so maybe book online when you think the weather will be nice.
This area really is lovely. It’s exactly what a harbour should be.